Objective: After 10 years implementing the project, the Vietnam Urban Upgrading Project Management Unit required the service of a Consultanting agency to:
(1) Assess the impacts of the project on multidimensional poverty reduction in the 04 cities, and the socio-economic impacts of the project;
(2) Making the completion project report for 04 cities. In May 2014, the Vietnam Urban Upgrading Project Management Unit has invited the Micro-finance and Community Development Institute to provide the required consulting service. Main activities performed by MACDI were as follows:
Main activities performed:
- Conduct project-end survey and investigation, data collection and data analysis, including updating and evaluating the microfinance funds within the sub-projects Hai Phong, Nam Dinh, Can Tho and Ho Chi Minh city; conduct quantitative survey, qualitative assessment and evaluating the results achieved by the project towards its objective:
+ Using the Guidelines framework for the project impact assessment, that was prepared by MOC5 Consultants;
+ Draft the report brief outlining the key contents of the full final report, based on the TOR and approved by the World Bank and Project Management Unit of the 4 cities. The report outline will be the starting point for the Consultants to collect data and information in later steps;
+ Use the Data forms/ Survey questionnaire, and data calculation method which were built within the Guidelines framework for impact assessment.
- Write a Project evaluation report and update the Evaluation report on the impacts and effectiveness of the housing upgrading loan program, under Article 5 – Microfinance Fund.
- Write the project completion report for 04 sub-projects in 4 cities: Hai Phong, Nam Dinh, Can Tho, and Ho Chi Minh.