UNDP Vietnam provided technical support to the Ministry of Agricultural and Rural Development (MARD), through the functioning of Natural Disaster Mitigation Center (DMC) under Water and Irrigation Department (WRD), phase 2 of the project: “Institutional capacity strengthening for natural disaster mitigation in Vietnam, particularly climate change related disaster, period 2012 – 2016.” (SCDM II).
In this context, project SCDM II provides support to the DMC to review and improve the M&E framework – based on the results of the program “Raising community awareness and community-based natural disaster mitigation”. The objective of this consultancy service is to provide technical support to the DMC in achieving the above-mentioned mission.
Main activities performed:
- Identify and develop a list of key stakeholders in this project. Consult with PMU and these key stakeholders on the contents, methodologies and action plan;
- Prepare inception report;
- Review, edit and adapt indicators and the corresponding parts in the M&E Guidelines for the project, including templates in use for collecting data at provincial level, district level and commune level;
- Prepare and present at Consultation workshop with the participation of representatives from key stakeholders, NGOs, donors and governmental agencies;
- Collect, analysize opinions from all sources in the provinces that implement the project activities;
- Improve the indicators and the corresponding parts in the M&E Guidelines for the project, to submit to DMC to recommend to the Ministry for approval;
- Present the final report in workshop with participation of key stakeholders to inform all key stakeholders on the findings and recommendations of the Consultant.