Enhancing the children’s participation in inclusive education project
Time: 2018 – 2020
Project Area: 05 communes of Tan Lac district, Hoa Binh Province: Tuan Lo, Phu Cuong, Ngoc My, Phu Vinh, Quyet Chien, and Thanh Hoi.
- Training for teachers on inclusive education method;
- Organizing a competition for teachers to understand on inclusive education culture;
- Supporting and advising the children with disabilities and disadvantage children to go to school;
- Supporting to improve the facilities of the school in order for the children with disabilities to have opportunities to access school services (toilet, corrugated iron roofs, handrails, etc.);
- Building on the group of advantage children to help the children with disabilities and disadvantage children (children – children model);
- Training on life skills for children, especially children with disabilities, on child sexual abuse, drowning prevention, accidents, and injuries;
- Organizing the field trip to help children become more motivated in life.
MACDI had a good experience working with the local authorities to organize meaningful activities for children.