On January 16, 2019, at Department of Planning Office – Ministry of Agricultural and Rural Development (MARD), Project Management Unit A – VnSat Project – Vietnam Sustainable Agriculture Transformation Project” coordinate with Credit Department of Economic Sectors – State bank of Vietnam and Department of Planning – MARD accepted the final report of “National consulting on reviewing agricultural credit policies” package, which was implemented by Micro-finance and Community Development Institute (MACDI).
Component A – Vietnam Sustainable Agriculture Transformation Project was granted by World Bank, MARD was a client and implemented by MACDI – have been carry out in 13 projects province from 2015 – 2020
The Acceptance of Councils member are:
- Mr Nguyen Duy Vinh – Deputy Director of Planing Department – MARD – Vice Chairman of The Acceptance Councils;
- Mr Tran Van Tan – Deputy Director of Credit Department of Economic Sector – The State Bank of Vietnam – Vice Chairman of the Acceptance Councils;
- Mrs Nguyen Thi Thuy Nga – Project Coordinator – Member, Secretary of the Acceptance Councils;
- Mrs Pham Thi Thanh Tung – Head of Credit Department Agriculture Sector – Credit Department of Economic Sector – The State Bank of Vietnam – Member of Councils – Argumentant;
- Mrs Pham Thi Tuoc – Component A Consultant Expert – VnSat Project – Argumentant;
- Mrs Nguyen Thi Hong – Consultant Expert of Mecarp Project – Member of Councils;
- Mr Tran Quang Tien – Head of World Bank Division – Member of Councils;
- Mr Tran Gia Long – Key Officer of Planing Department – MARD – Argumentant.
Participants from MACDI are: Mrs Dinh Thi Minh Thai – Director of Micro-finance and Community Development Institute – Team Leader as well as a Specialists, Project Officer.
After reading the Decisions to establish of the Acceptance Councils, on behalf of the consulting firm, Mrs Thai has presented the report. In general, all the member of the Acceptance Council commented that: with the large of research scope and objective of project, the consulting firm has completed the objectives according to PMU’s requirement in quite short time. They also appreciate the sprit of seriously work, investing time to research Law, Decrees, Circulars or relevant documents as well as international loans models (US and Thailand) for research, invest time and effort to conduct field survey in 6 provinces in project area with large questionnaries. (Representative of Bank Leader at Central level; relevant Department; SBV Branches; Agricutural and Rural Development at Provincial; Project Management Unit at 6 Provinces; the Commercial Bank Branches; 12 Districts, carry out on 300 households, 300 enterprises whom participate in agricultural loans; detail information and accurate of the Decrees, Circulars which need to be amended and supplemented so that these policies can use in practice. In addition, MACDI’s recommendation are very realistic and objective through making an off-site visit and interviewing result.
Conclusion at the Conference, Mr. Nguyen Duy Vinh – Vice Chairman of the Council concluded: “100% member of the Council agreed to approve the final report which will be amended and rivised by the consulting firm in accordance with the Council recommendations and has to complete the final products according to TOR Project and the contract.
With the consulting firm’s recommendation, we hope that these will be applied in reality, open up the flow of credit capital flowing to the localities to implement the economic development goal, to solve difficulties in implementing credit policies in agriculture and rural to the people and to help people more easily access credit sources.