Objective: Provide technical assistance to farrmers in producing low-cost organic fertilizers using environment-friendly method such as adopting EM catalyst combined with husbandry waste and straw. This technique helps reduce or even eliminate the custom of burning straw and thus reduce CO2 emissions and its environmental effects which are often caused by smoke (from straw burning) and bad odor (from unprocessed husbandry waste).
Main activities performed:
- Kick-off meetings to raise awareness;
- Organize technical training on composting straw techniques using EM;
- Design flyers on specific themes promoted under the project;
- Forming demonstrative models of waste composite in communes;
- Facilitate the connection with suppliers for farmers to purchase EM at reasonable price;
- Organize TOT on EM techniques for officers of local Women’s Union.
- 16 training sessions on composite technique using EM have been organized, of these 1 TOT session;
- 2,000 flyers have been disseminated;
- 80 composting models have been formulated;
- 50 litters of pure EM have been purchased by local Women’s Union to make 2,000 litters of secondary products for farmers.